God made your body a wondrous detoxification machine. Your kidneys, lungs, lymph, skin, colon, and liver are all in place to help you detoxify every single minute of the day. When those organs are healthy and functioning efficiently, your body can do its job well. But when they are overloaded with junk, the body’s cleansing system becomes sluggish and inefficient. In other words, there’s too much trash coming in, and not enough going out. We’re going to help your body take out the trash.
A SUGAR DETOX HELPS YOUR BODY DO TWO THINGS:
1) Remove much of the burden placed on those detoxification organs: sugar, processed foods, pesticides, and alcohol are some of the things that overload your body and slow down the detoxification process.
2) Give the detoxification system the fuel it needs to function properly. Those organs run off of nutrients like the B vitamins, Vitamins A, C, and D, calcium and potassium, fiber and water. Without the fuel, the machine doesn’t run.Your body knows how to detoxify if given the right materials to do its job properly.
FOODS TO EAT
wild-caught fish and seafood
protein powder and collagen
olives and olive oil
butter and ghee
avocados and avocado oil
This is YOU. All, nahhhhh, for the next few weeks.
No canola oil, vegetable oil, corn oil, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, grapeseed oil, margarine or other butter substitutes. No corn. No wheat. No oats. No rice. No beans. No soy. No lentils. No quinoa. No flours. No alcohol. No artificial sweeteners. No sodas. No juices.
Limited dairy: butter and 1 oz. per day of high quality cheese
(remove both for a dairy elimination diet)
- Eat clean and no sugar for 14 days
- The higher the quality (clean fats & proteins, organic veggies and fruits) the better your detox. See this list for the most necessary fruits and veggies to buy organic.
- Eat protein and/or fat at every meal to keep blood sugar stabilized
- 1 cup or less of starchy vegetables per day (potatoes, sweet potatoes, hard squashes)
- 2 servings or less of fruit per day (serving size = 1 medium piece or 3/4 cup)
- 1 oz of high quality cheese permitted per day
- Nuts/Nut Butters: 3 tablespoons of nuts OR 2 tablespoons nut butter per day
- 16 ounces or less of coffee permitted per day
- Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water per day
HAPPY SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE*:
*results will vary by person